background

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Turkey Time!

When I saw THIS post, I thought...those are adorable....how hard can they be?  Yeah well, 20 billion (I might be exaggerating) hot glue burns later...not as easy as it looks!  I made 12 of these bad boys for KMC's Thanksgiving party.

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
Fake Leaf
Tootsie Pop
Hershey's kiss
Black puff paint for the eyes
Orange felt triangle for the beak
Red felt for the gobble neck thingy
Hot glue gun and hot glue
Scissors

INSTRUCTIONS:

1.  I cut the bottom part of the leaf to fit the sucker better.  I cut out all 12 of the felt beaks and red felt gobble's.

2.  I hot glued the kiss on to the sucker first. Then I glued the gobble followed by the beak and finished it off with the leaf in the back.

3.  I turned a box upside down and punched holes in it to sit the suckers in and then used the black puff paint to make the eyes.

It really is a rather easy project but with my big man-hands and such little pieces, the hot glue burns just kept coming.  I joked to my husband that soon I wouldn't have fingerprints anymore!  It was worth it though because all of KMC's friends really liked their turkeys!

(click photo to enlarge)
Sorry, all I have is an instagram pic of it!




No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers